On the evening of May 31, sparks will fly in the town for Alderson Night Out with live music; a farm-to-table dinner; an open house in the local art gallery; an outdoor market featuring farmers and artisans; a networking event about innovation and women in WV; and storefronts open late.
Alderson Night Out will take place Thursday, May 31 in downtown Alderson and is open to the public in addition to New Story attendees.
All events are free and will take place 6-9pm, unless otherwise noted below.
The Town of Alderson participates in The Hub’s programs, and this evening of events showcases what community development and growth looks like in action. To support local economies in WV – and to have a good time – join us in Alderson to celebrate a New Story for this community.
* Heritage Foods Dinner with Lost Creek Farm: Recently featured on Anthony Bourdain’s Parts Unknown, WV chefs Mike Costello and Amy Dawson serve Appalachian dishes while sharing the stories behind the food. The meal will take place outdoors on the Alderson Memorial Pedestrian Bridge with a view of the Greenbrier River and features ingredients from Sprouting Farms, Greenbrier Valley Grown, and other local sources. Proceeds will be donated to community efforts in Alderson. (Meal begins 6pm; $100 per person; reserve your spot here)
*Night Market with Alderson Food Hub: Local farmers and artisans will showcase their wares as part of this special edition of the town’s regular farmers market.
*Innovation in Appalachia panel with Boss Babes WV: Distinguished movers & shakers will examine innovation in business and community, and discuss their personal journeys as women in our region at this event hosted by Boss Babes WV, a hub for women to fulfill their ambitions in the state. Jennifer “Tootie” Jones, Lewisburg WV, Owner of Swift Level Fine Meats; Natalie Roper, Charleston WV, Executive Director of Generation West Virginia; Sarah Arnold, Parkersburg WV, Owner of Clutch MOV; and others will be featured at this event located at 11 Railroad Avenue. (Doors open 6:30pm; panel begins 7pm)
*Live Music with Allegheny Hellbenders: The old-time string band will play mountain music at Alderson’s Gazebo. The band features WV Folklife Fellow and fiddler Annie Stroud, who will also present during the New Story conference.
*Open House with Alderson Artisans Gallery: This cooperative, nonprofit gallery will hold an open house featuring work from local artists at 1401 Riverview Avenue.
- Who: The Town of Alderson
- What: Alderson Night Out
- When: Thursday, May 31, 6-9pm*
- How: Free and open to the public*
- Where: Downtown Alderson*
*See event listing above for specifics.
READY TO JOIN US? REGISTER NOW »